Certexams.com has recently updated GitHub repository by posting online exam scripts. One can use the scripts to conduct online exams using multiple choice questions, drag and drop questions, and exhibit based questions. The scripts are written in php/mysql and compatible with LAMP environment. Check out the demo at https://online.certexams.com One may download the scripts by visiting https://github.com/anandsof/online
- Simple interface which is intuitive to the user
- Very widely used LAMP environment, where one need not buy any software for making changes or improving the features.
- Learn and exam modes so that users can change between these modes depending on the need
- Scope for improvement
- there is scope for improving the statistics reporting.
The server is preferably a web server accessible over the Internet in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) environment. Before going ahead make sure that PHP script on the web server is working properly, and MySQL is installed and accessible using PHP.
Web Server requirements:
- LAMP server environment (Linux, Apache,
- PHP 7.4 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB 10.1 or greater
- Accessibility over the public Internet or Intranet (for use within org network)
Client Side Requirements
Local system (Client computer) requirements: Any Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11 / Linux / MAC computer with any browser aplication may be used to access the online exam application. You can use Windows/Linux/MAC system to access web server remotely and install downloaded server side scripts. You need an FTP software such as FileZilla to upload the files to the web server from your client computer. You also need to have login and password handy to login to the web server using FTP. Web server control panel such as C-panel/PHPMyAdmin will be useful in configuring the web server database, but not essential.
Also check out the help file for any clarifications, https://github.com/anandsof/online/blob/main/docs/index.md