ExamGuides.com released CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician) exam cram recently. The exam cram covers all the exam objectives in a quick and concise manner. The exam objectives are given as below:
- 1.0 Network Fundamentals 20%
- 2.0 LAN Switching Fundamentals 26%
- 3.0 Routing Fundamentals 25%
- 4.0 Infrastructure Services 15%
- 5.0 Infrastructure Maintenance 14%
The exam notes, extending up to 80 pages provides the information to the point with pin outs to important points. Check it out here: http://www.examguides.com/CCENT/ccent.htm
Related: CCENT Practice Tests
Anandsoft.com Released CCENT android app for mobile users.
AnandSoft CCNA Android Simulator:
AnandSoft CCDA Android Simulator:
The free android sim will have 60 questions with answers and flash cards. Additional tests may be purchased, if required.
Disclaimer: AnandSoft.com is not associated with Cisco® Systems and CCENT™, CCNA™ are the trademarks of Cisco® and duly acknowledged.
CertExams.com released exam simulator for the new CCENT (CCNA ICND1) exam, and the same is available here:
The exam number for the new test is 100-105 and there are several changes to the new exam when compared with its predecessor 100-101. The notable changes are as given below:
Some of the important topics removed or moved to ICND2 exam:
- OSPF (single area) and other OSPF topics were moved into ICND2 . Note that RIP which was removed during the previous version of CCNA/ICND has been re-introduced. RIP v2 has been included but not RIPng.
- Dual Stack was removed ( there are many different IPv4 to IPv6 transition technologies). Not sure as to why this was removed. It was a very useful top in CCNA.
- Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) has been removed. Again, not sure as to why this was removed.
The following topics have been added:
- Firewalls, Access Points (APs), Wireless Controllers
- Description of collapsed core architecture compared to traditional three-tier architectures in Enterprise LAN environment.
- Configure and verify IPv6 Stateless Address Auto Configuration (SLAAC).
- Added Anycast to the list of IPv6 addressing types.
- Knowledge of Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP).
- RIPv2 for IPv4 has been re-introduced.
- Added requirements to understand DNS and DHCP related connectivity issues.
- Interpretation of Syslog message logging for network device monitoring.
On the whole, there have been several changes in the new ICND exams.
You may download the practice tests here:
You may find the exam objectives from the official site here:
The old exam has already been retired and no more available.
CertExams.com has recently released a thoroughly revised version of Cisco CCENT network simulator. For candidates aspiring for CCENT certification, CertExams.com CCENT netsim provides a good hands on practice. The advantages of using CCENT NetSim include the following:
- – Several CCENT Lab exercises for hands-on practice.
- – Router and multi layer switch simulator
- – Simulate Cisco® IOS routers and switches
- – Support for 200+ router and switch commands
- – Labs for 3600, 2950, and other switches included
- – Detailed Lab manual and help files
- – Network designer with drag and drop feature for inserting devices and connectors. GUI based device configurator.
Support short form commands. Enter short form commands in IOS simulator just like in actual router/switch.
The exam objectives covered by CCENT certification include the following:
- 1. Operation of IP Data Networks
- 2. LAN Switching Technologies – Configure VLAN and trunking networks using Cisco switches.
- 3. IP addressing (IPv4 / IPv6) – Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP
Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- 4. IP Routing Technologies – Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices
- 5. IP Services – Configure and verify DHCP (IOS Router), Access Control Lists, and Network Address Translation.
- 6. Network Device Security – Configure and verify Switch Port Security features. Configure and verify network device security features such as physical security, password security, and authentication.
- 7. Troubleshooting – Resolve VLAN and trunking problems in Cisco switches. Troubleshoot ACL issues and Resolve Layer 1 problems.
Other simulators offered by CertExams.com include the following:
CCENT Certification is awarded by Cisco Systems on successful completion of qualifying exam(s). CCENT is intended for candidates who have just started working on Cisco ruoters, switches, and other networking devices. Visit CCENT Network Simulator page at http://routersimulator.certexams.com/ccent-network-simulator-designer.html
You may also be interested in CCENT 100-101 Test Simulator at http://www.certexams.com/cisco/ccna/exam-details.htm
Disclaimer: CertExams.com is neither associated nor affiliated with Cisco Systems(R) or any other Company. All trademarks are duly recognized.
SimulationExams.com, a leading practice tests provider, released practice tests for CCENT 100-101 (2013 Objectives). The new CCENT cert objectives include NAT (Network Address Translation), ACL (Access Control Lists), and VLSM. T The exam topics for CCENT 100-101 include IP addressing (both IPv4 and IPv6), Switch networking using VLANs and VTP, traffic control using ACLs, and NAT. Detailed objectives may found at here.
Notable difference between the older objectives and the new are that the later includes VLSM, ACLs, and NAT. Earlier, these topics were part of ICND2 exam. It may be noted that Cisco has updated its CCNA track of exams recently. CCNA has been renamed as CCNA Routing and Switching. For obtaining CCNA R&S, one needs to pass two exams, 1) CCENT 100-101, and ICND2 (200-101). One can also take the CCNA R and S exam directly by passing CCNA 200-120 exam. Please be aware that there is significant difference between the old CCNA topics and the new 200-120 topics. Several of CCNP topics have been added to CCNA. These include router redundancy protocols, STP operating, etc.
You may download the new practice exams here:
Download CCENT 100-101 (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician)
Download ICND2 200-101 (Inter Connecting Network Devices 2)
Download CCNA 200-120 (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
Older versions 640-822 CCENT, 640-816 ICND2, and 642-801 CCNA will retire by 30th September 2013, and are still available.
Other practice tests offered include CCNP Route 642-902, and CCNP Switch 642-813
Disclaimer: SimulationExams.com is not associated with Cisco Systems and all trademarks are duly acknowledged.