SimulationExams.com, examsims provider, released practice tests for Cisco CCENT™
The practice tests consists of 300+ most relevant questions with flash card explanation. The exam topics for CCENT are given below:
- Network Fundamentals 20% (weightage)
- LAN Switching Fundamentals 26%
- Routing Fundamentals 25%
- Infrastructure Services 15%
- Infrastructure Maintenance 14%
As it may be noted, the exam topics have been thoroughly revamped for the new CCENT exam. The exam code for CCENT is 100-105. CCENT, together with ICND2 contribute to CCNA certification. Alternatively, one can take CCNA certification exam directly by taking 200-125 exam.
Check out the website for the latest updates.
Disclaimer: SimulationExams.com is not associated with Cisco® Systems and CCENT™, CCNA™ are the trademarks of Cisco® and duly acknowledged.
CertExams.com released exam simulator for the new CCENT (CCNA ICND1) exam, and the same is available here:
The exam number for the new test is 100-105 and there are several changes to the new exam when compared with its predecessor 100-101. The notable changes are as given below:
Some of the important topics removed or moved to ICND2 exam:
- OSPF (single area) and other OSPF topics were moved into ICND2 . Note that RIP which was removed during the previous version of CCNA/ICND has been re-introduced. RIP v2 has been included but not RIPng.
- Dual Stack was removed ( there are many different IPv4 to IPv6 transition technologies). Not sure as to why this was removed. It was a very useful top in CCNA.
- Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) has been removed. Again, not sure as to why this was removed.
The following topics have been added:
- Firewalls, Access Points (APs), Wireless Controllers
- Description of collapsed core architecture compared to traditional three-tier architectures in Enterprise LAN environment.
- Configure and verify IPv6 Stateless Address Auto Configuration (SLAAC).
- Added Anycast to the list of IPv6 addressing types.
- Knowledge of Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP).
- RIPv2 for IPv4 has been re-introduced.
- Added requirements to understand DNS and DHCP related connectivity issues.
- Interpretation of Syslog message logging for network device monitoring.
On the whole, there have been several changes in the new ICND exams.
You may download the practice tests here:
You may find the exam objectives from the official site here:
The old exam has already been retired and no more available.