CertExams.com, a leading netsim and labsims website, has been converted to a fully responsive website. Previously, the site was using different sites for desktop and mobile devices. A responsive design uses the same web page (same URL) for both desktop and mobile devices, offering a unified approach to design and development for various platforms. The conversion has been done by our own in-house software experts using open-source development tools. The advantage of responsive web are briefed below:
- Unified URLs – With separate mobile and desktop sites, one needs to manage both the sites and keeping them in sync used to be a challenge. With responsive web, there will only one URL to deal with. The unified URL renders the page according to the client browser platform, thus making the page search engine friendly.
- Better Maintenance – A web master has to update only one URL, thus saving time on development of a duplicate web page for mobile site. This not only reduces maintenance, but also offers cost and time savings.
- Auto re-sizable images – The images are fluid in nature and resize according the delivery platform.
- Faster page loads – Normally, the unified pages offer faster load times as there won’t be any re-directions to mobile web page as was the case with conventional design. By using techniques like caching, the pages loads could become faster.
- Improved SEO and better analytics – a unified website is SEO friendly and one can have better web statistics about the page
Please offer your feedback on Certexams.com responsive site.