Certexams.com, leading netsim provideer, recently updated Juniper Network Simulator with Designer for JNCIA to include more labs. The recent labs include the following:
- Connectivity check between Router and workstations
- Pinging between two workstations
- Pinging between two workstations on different subnet
- Tracing route from workstation to router
- Creating DHCP pool on EX series switches
- Configure DHCP Server for multiple vlans in EX series switches
- Vlan Scenario
- Troubleshooting Lab with trunk functionality
- Routing between vlans and ping test
The available labs may be viewed by going to http://routersimulator.certexams.com/juniper-sim/labs/index.html
To download the software, please visit Juniper Netsim Download page.
About Juniper Netsim for JNCIA: The software provides a virtual networking environment with virtual routers, switches, and other networking components. Using the software, one should not only be able to run the existing ready made labs, but also design (using GUI configuration tool), configure and simulate a network. The software provides an affordable alternative to learn Juniper IOS commands and configuration without the need for any external hardware or software. There is no need for any JUNOS software to run the program as all the functionality like routing, STP, etc. is built into the software natively, the only limitation being the number of commands available for use. The software is specifically developed to help new comers desirous of learning networking using routers and switches.
About Certexams.com: The website provides network simulators and exam sims for various certifications including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCDA; Comptia A+, Network+, Juniper JNCIA, and others. We also offer labsims for Comptia A+ and Network+. Please visit the website Certexams.com for more information and available products.
Disclaimer: CertExams.com is neither associated nor affiliated with Juniper Systems® or any other company. Junos™ and JNCIA™ is trademarks of Juniper Systems® and duly acknowledged. The Simulator lab exercises material is a copyright of CertExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies.
Anand Software recently revised it’s iOS apps for several exam sims. The important updates to the iOS apps include the following:
– New questions added
– Randomising questions in learn mode.
– Night mode and full screen option while taking exam.
– Bookmarking questions learn mode and exam mode.
– Option to retake bookmarked, unanswered or incorrect questions while
– Improved flash cards with support for images.
– Exam configuration (changing exam time and number of questions per exam)
Few of the features are showing in the screenshots below:
- The screen displays a Multiple Choice Multi Answer question type. Two modes are available, one is Learn Mode and the other is Exam Mode. The display pertains to Learn Mode and contains Question ID (unique to each question and used for providing feedback on the question), Flash Card, Exhibit (option), question and answers. The navigation buttons include Show Answer, Notes (which you can enter for future review), Reset (resets the selected answers, Previous, Next, Review (We will see this screen later), and End Exam. The option Send Feedback provides a means to the candidate to seamlessly provide feedback to the author about the specific question without leaving the exam environment. Feedback, particularly about any errors in the question or flash card is considered immediately. Exam mode is very similar to Learn mode except for a fixed time timer, and the absence of a few options like Show Answer.
- Review Exam
The exhibit displays the Review screen of the exam questions. As may be seen, candidates have the option to review 1) Bookmarked questions only, 2) Incorrect questions only, 3) Un-answered questions only. These options allow us to review only intended questions and save time and effort in preparing for exam. The question ID is unique and needs to be quoted when reporting any inconsistency or mistake in any given question. We will see a few more such screenshots below.
Review Question Screen: Given below is the question-answer screenshot in questions review mode.
3. Review Question
The display corresponds to a wrongly answered question. In this example, there are a total of 10 wrongly answered questions. The displayed question ID i 510. If you click on the Explanation, a brief explanation is presented on the displayed question. Right answers are indicated by Green high-light and wrong answers by Red color. Other options in the Nav bar are as usual.
4. Flash card Screen:
This screen corresponds to the Flash card of Question ID 510. The flash cards provide detailed explanation of the answers as well as the topic concerned.
Check out the iOS apps for iPhone on Apple iTunes store. The products are available in Free and Full versions. Free version is limited to 60 questions whereas the Full version contains 300+ questions (varies depending on the exam). Check out the following links for more info and free download:
There are several more apps available for CCNP, CCENT, Comptia A+, Juniper JNCIA, and others. Check them out at AnandSoft iTunes Apps Store.
Anand Software and Training, revised it’s Android version of exam sims for several certifications. The recent revision involves several improvements, including the following:
- Question bank updates – Several tests have been updated with additional questions. Those updated include CCNA, CCENT, ICND2, CCNA SEC, A+ Essentials, and A+ Practical Application exams. The question databases had been changed accordingly.
- Randomize Questions in Learn mode – Questions and answers randomization has been implemented in the Learn mode as well as the Exam mode.
- Bug fixes – A few bugs reported by our users as well as those observed during internal evaluation had been fixed.
Note that the apps are available in free and full versions. Free versions of the apps are limited to 60 questions (one test), and the full versions of the apps contain at least 300 questions (varies from cert to cert, please check the product page for exact information) with flash card explanations.
Please visit the home page at GooglePlay for complete list of exams available. The resource link is listed below:
Please note that some of the apps like CCNA does not support the simulation based questions as that of desktop Windows application, the reason being small screen size and the difficulty in typing commands etc.
Also, the labsims and network sim have not been ported to mobile platforms due to smaller screen sizes, and therefore available only in desktop version.
Please email us for any questions or clarifications at webmaster at anandsoft com