CCNA, short for Cisco Certified Network Associate, is one of the premier certs in the area of networking. The topics usually covered by CCNA include TCP/IP and OSI stacks, IPv4 subnets, IP v6 addressing schemes, STP (Spanning Tree Protocol), VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks), ACLs (Access Control Lists), routing protocols such as RIP v2, OSPF and OSPF v3, BGP, and wireless networks. The new syllabus deviated from the past very significantly. Notable deletions were RIP v2, OSPF v3, and TCP/IP fundamentals. Notable additions are WLC (Wireless Controllers, specifically Cisco WLC), DNA (Cisco Digital Network Architecture, and network security. Candidates are expected to learn Cisco centric technologies like WLC GUI and DNA in addition to usual iOS that runs on Cisco routers and switches. DNA is the Cisco’s solution to recently emerging Open Networks Architecture.
Apart from the above, two exams track is going to be discontinued. i.e. CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician) and ICND2 (Inter Connecting Network Devices 2) exams together used to qualify a candidate to be Cisco certified. It appears that ths track is being discontinued.
Over all, it is expected that the new exam is broader in covering various technologies including the following:
- Wireless Controllers
- Network Security
- DNA (Open Source project that compares with this is Open Daylight project)
- Router and Switch iOS
It is recommended that those who are in the middle of preparation for the existing version of CCNA (200-125) complete the same before the deadline (23rd Feb 2020) as the new objectives of the exam require lot of time and effort due to significant differences in exam topics.
Certexams.com offers the following for CCNA 200-125:
- CCNA Practice Tests (200-125)
- CCNA Network Simulator with Designer
- CCNA Cheatsheets
- CCNA Online Labs (Physical lab access)
Wish you all good luck!
CertExams.com recently started offering networking rack rentals for individuals desirous of learning computer networking technologies. The racks currently available include that of Cisco and Juniper racks. You may be aware that Certexams.com already offers netsim products for learning networking in virtual environment. One drawback of virtual product is that they do not support full command set and limited in scope. By using actual physical equipment, it is possible to feel the actual equipment and configure the same for various test cases.
The networking lab setup is ideal for candidates leaning CCNA/CCNP/Juniper networking as the majority of the labs use the equipment from these vendors. Check out the CCNA networking lab for more information on the equipment used and the network diagram.
It may be noted that the lab equipment used need not support giga or tera bit rates and hence older equipment may be used. In actual networks, due to heavy traffic demand, older equipment can’t be used which is not the case for networking labs. For this reason, the racks are available at a very reasonable price and discounts are available for training institutes and instructors. Please email us at cs (at) certexams.com for available discounts.
Though lab racks are of fixed configuration (physical connections), we can offer custom configurations, if required at additional cost.
The labs come with a detailed lab manual (or workbook) that provides various labs with instrucitons and commands and very useful for those preparing for Cisco/Juniper certs.
The complete lab setups had been automated from purchase of lab credit to booking an empty time slot, to login and working on the lab setup.
About Certexams.com: Offers network simulators, lab simulators and exam simulators for various certs like CCNA, CCNP, A+, Network+, JUNCIA, and others. Check out the website certexams.com for up to date information and available products/services.
Disclaimer: Please note that certexams.com or any entity representing certexams.com is not associated with Cisco(R) or Juniper Networks(R), or any other company.
The CBT (Computer Based Test) software has been updated recently to the cloud platform, wherein, all the tests are administered via web app. The advantage of using the cloud platform is that one can access and administer the author and exam software from a central location. We are still providing the off-line version of the software for those who require local environment (site local).
Various features of the software include the following
- Multiple choice single answer (MCQA) and Multi Answer (MCMA)
- Drag-n-drop (Image and Text) : Text Drag and Drop can be used for interactive Match the Following type questions, where as Image Drag and Drop allows to identify multiple components on the image provided in questions.
- Hot spot type: here the candidate needs to identify the correct spot/component on an exhibit
- Fill in the blanks: In this type of question candidate is given a phrase ,sentence or paragraph with one or more blank spaces. Candidate must type correct answers in provided blank spaces to complete the phrase ,sentence or paragraph.
- Testlet type: Here the candidate needs to answer two or more questions after reading a passage or a scenario.
Checkout the home page for Computer based exam software and download free trial version.
CertExams.com, a leading netsim and labsims website, has been converted to a fully responsive website. Previously, the site was using different sites for desktop and mobile devices. A responsive design uses the same web page (same URL) for both desktop and mobile devices, offering a unified approach to design and development for various platforms. The conversion has been done by our own in-house software experts using open-source development tools. The advantage of responsive web are briefed below:
- Unified URLs – With separate mobile and desktop sites, one needs to manage both the sites and keeping them in sync used to be a challenge. With responsive web, there will only one URL to deal with. The unified URL renders the page according to the client browser platform, thus making the page search engine friendly.
- Better Maintenance – A web master has to update only one URL, thus saving time on development of a duplicate web page for mobile site. This not only reduces maintenance, but also offers cost and time savings.
- Auto re-sizable images – The images are fluid in nature and resize according the delivery platform.
- Faster page loads – Normally, the unified pages offer faster load times as there won’t be any re-directions to mobile web page as was the case with conventional design. By using techniques like caching, the pages loads could become faster.
- Improved SEO and better analytics – a unified website is SEO friendly and one can have better web statistics about the page
Please offer your feedback on Certexams.com responsive site.
About Certexams.com: The website offer Netsims, ExamSims, and Labsims for various IT skills, including Networking, Computer hardware/operating systems, and computer security.
Certexams.com recently updated Comptia A+ Core 1 and A+ Core 2 practice tests to reflect most recently changes in the exam topics. Each set of practice tests include 400+ questions with flash cards. The practice tests include performance based questions for thorough understanding of the subject. Check out the same here:
Comptia A+ Core 1 practice exams: http://www.certexams.com/comptia/a+/a+core1-exam-details.htm
Comptia A+ Core 2 practice exams: http://www.certexams.com/comptia/a+/a+core2-exam-details.htm
Recent exam objectives put more emphasis on mobile devices, virtualization, and security. The practice exams provide several questions with detailed answers in these areas. In addition to the practice tests, lab sims provide hands on experience in simulated lab environment. Labs for user management,
Check this out for A+ Labsim: http://routersimulator.certexams.com/aplus-lab-simulator.html
The labsim provides dozens of labs and it’s easy to install and use. Demo version is available with limited features, which may be upgraded to full version using online activation after purchase.
Disclaimer: Certexams.com is not associated with Comptia® or any other organization. Comptia® is a registered trademark of Comptia organization. Comptia A+® is a trademark of Comptia and duly recognized.
Anand Software and Training, a leading provider of apps for fixed and mobile platforms, recently released subscription based android apps for the following exam sims:
Check out the same by going to respective product pages. The apps are priced at a very low price and subscription based. Once can initially subscribe for a week and renew the same if required.
Practice tests run all Android phones and tablets with at least 4.5 inches of screen size. Desktop apps are available and include simulations, which the mobile versions will not support due to limited screen size and/or resolution. However, all other types of questions are available in mobile version of the software.
Other software available from the Company include Labsim for Comptia A+ exam and Network+ exam. The labsims provide hands on experience to candidates preparing for certification exam by providing dozens of ready to use labs with detailed explanation for each lab.
iOS version of the software is available, check it out by going to the product page at https://www.anandsoft.com/ios-apps/aplus-core1-ios-apps.html
About Comptia® Certs: Comptia is among the first to introduce vendor neutral certifications such as Comptia A+, and Network+. Comptia certs are recognized by various American universities and the government bodies, thus enhasing the career options for the candidates.
Disclaimer: The practice tests offered by Anand Software and Training are not endorced by Comptia® or any other organization. All software and conent is copyright of Anand Software and Training. Comptia® is a registered trademark of Comptia organization and duly recognized.
Certexams.com, leading exam sim and network sim website, recently updated A+ Labsim to conform to the latest exam objectives. Recently, Comptia has released new A+ exams, consisting of A+ Core1 and A+ Core2. The new exam codes are A+ Core 1 220-1001 and A+ Core2 220-1002. You can’t mix the new series with the old exams. The old exams are no longer available and discontinued as on 31st July 2019.
A+ Labsim is available with exam sim to make it convenient for users to prepare for the A+ Exams.
A home page view of the lab simulator cum exam simulator is shown below:
Demo version is available and the same may be downloaded her:
Labsim is also available without exam simulator by going to http://routersimulator.certexams.com/aplus-lab-simulator.html
The newly revised exams put more emphasis on mobile devices and virtual machines in addition to traditional laptops and desktop computers.
Disclaimer: CertExams.com is neither associated nor affiliated with CompTIA® or any other company. Network+™ and A+™ are trademarks of CompTIA® organization and duly acknowledged. The Simulator lab exercises material is a copyright of CertExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies.
Simulationexams.com, a practice tests website, recently released Comptia A+ Core 1 practice tests, conforming to the latest exam objectives. Check it out here:
The features offered by the practice test include the following:
Practice Test Features:
- Include 400+ highly focused questions
- Flash cards explanation for each question
- Integrated Test Engine with online feedback for easy user access
- Category wise scoring, and reporting
- The question types include Multiple Choice, True/False, Hot Spot, and Exhibit, etc.
- Conforms to the latest A+ Core1 220-1001 exam objectives
- Instant online activation using program interface after purchase, demo version available.
Exam cram is also available for those interested in preparing using cram notes. Check out, http://www.simulationexams.com/cram-notes/aplus-core1-cram-notes.htm
Recently updated Comptia A+ 1001 practice questions. More questions have been added and a few questions have been edited to conform to the latest exam objectives.
Disclaimer: All Simulation Exams practice tests, study guides and/or material are neither sponsored by, nor endorsed by, nor affiliated with Cisco® Systems or any other company. All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners
Anand Software and Training launched long awaited website SimExams.com, a website offering solution to student evaluation, ranking, and assessment. The two main components of the assessment solution are,
- Author Software, and
- Exam Software
The author software provides a platform, wherein, an author can develop content as required by the course that he/she is taking. The question types include multiple choice, drag n drop, hot spot (identify the correct component in a motherboard, etc), and media type questions. Once the question database is ready, the exam may be administered to the students in a classroom setup or in home setup. Results are available on the web and it is possible to compare and rank students.
The exam software is compatible with desktop Windows computers, and mobile devices. Check out the website for more information.
Certexams.com, a leading network simulator provider, updated it’s SwitchSim for iOS/JUNOS to include the following:
- Explanation for the labs – Now most of the labs include explanation for the lab. New commands and functionalities have been explained in detail for ease of understanding.
- Update to command sequence- Based on the user feedback, we observed that a few conditionalities are in conflict with execution of certain commands. The same have been fixed.
- New labs – a few labs have been added.
- Improved lab diagrams – Again, based on user feedback, some of the lab diagrams have been redone to provide clarity and readability.
- Show commands – Several “show” command outputs have been added in the new version. It helps in understanding how to determine the configuration of the device after a particular set of configuration tasks have been followed.
About Certexams.com Switch Network Simulator (Switch Sim): It is a highly advanced virtual switch network simulator that simulates Cisco and Juniper switches in a networked configuration. Several protocols such as STP have been implemented for realistic simulation of switches. The software is primarily intended for beginners for learning purpose, and not intended for field applications or in production environment. The available labs may be found here:
Being a virtual device, the commands that are available for simulation is limited to the scope of CCNA/JNCIA. However, new commands and functionalities are added often as required to provide better user experience.
Other software available include Network Simulator for CCNA (CCNA Netsim), Juniper Network Simulator for JNCIA, Comptia A+ Labsim and Network+ labsim. Please check out the website for more details.