It is almost essential that websites need continual improvement. Most of the conventional websites use static web pages, which are not geared to meet the latest demant for interactiveness. Major reasons for website redesign are given below:
1. Are you getting sufficient exposure on the Internet? For growing on the Internet, your company requires good exposure from other websites, search engines, and directories. The exposure could be improved by using search engine friendly design, adding more content in the areas of interest, providing interactive content, and promoting to related websites, and directories.
2. Are your products and services up-to-date? Normally, every company will have a continual development of products and services. If you are not offering the up-to-date products and services, you may be losing potential customers.
3. Are you offering the best content? Now a days, visitors are looking for expert advice, and in-depth content on a Company's website related to their services and product areas. You need to have provision to update the content regularly, and efficiently.
4. Look and feel: Look at your competitors' websites. Is your website has something more to offer to customers? Does it look user friendly, and informative? What is the theme that you want to communicate? Decide on the overall theme and "look and feel" of the site. For example: academic, family, technical, humor, professional, etc
5. Are you providing good website navigation to visitors? A good redesign help put in place a good navigation. Usually, first generation site outgrows its size and visitors find it difficult to navigate the site. The new design ensures that the visitor will not be more than a couple of clicks from what he wants.
6. Is your website using latest design techniques? For example, earlier websites were designed without using any CSS. These sites depended on tables extensively. With the advent of new technologies, redesign of old generation websites became almost essential.
What you need to do to determine whether your website requires a redesign?
a. Evaluate the existing site: Get your friends, employees, or family members to go through the website, and see what they feel about the site.
b. Brainstorm: Short list redesign ideas, and brainstorm with your friends or employees or family members. This would enable you to arrive at a couple of new design ideas.
c. Visit your competitors websites, and see what they are offering. It is good to get some design ideas from your competitors.
d. Arrive at draft specifications list. This is required when you are approaching a web design/ web redesing company.
AnandSoft have redesigned a number of web sites for customers. We can redesign your existing website to provide good navigation, up to date high-quality professional look. We take the existing content from your web site and use it to a custom made layout to give your site a visual makeover.
You can also add new content or make changes to the existing website. This can provide your business or organization a chance to re-establish itself online as a fresh and innovative player.