CBT Author Module :
The Author module is a easy to use software designed to create and distribute
question databases. CBT Author supports all the common question
types used in online tests. Author can create any number of tests, add
/edit/delete questions with ease. Our Preview feature allows the author to
see how exactly the questions will be displayed to the exam candidates.
Created Question database can be exported from CBT Author and used on any
number of Windows Pcs, Android or iOS phones using our CBT Exam Engine
Important features of the CBT Author Module are :
- Multiple choice single answer (MCQA) and Multi Answer (MCMA)
- Drag-n-drop (Image and Text) : Text Drag and Drop can be used for interactive Match
the Following type questions, where as Image Drag and Drop allows to identify
multiple components on the image provided in questions.
- Hot spot type: here the candidate needs to identify the correct spot/component on
- Fill in the blanks: In this type of question candidate is given a phrase ,sentence or paragraph with one or more blank spaces. Candidate must type correct answers in provided blank spaces to complete the phrase ,sentence or paragraph.
- Testlet type: Here the candidate needs to answer two or more questions after reading a passage or a scenario.
Configurable exam options: It is possible to configure several of the exam options
including the following:
- Number of questions in the exam (or quiz): The total number of questions that should be available in each Exam
- Random or sequential : Instructor can select if questions present in the DB should be presented to candidate in sequential or random order. Feature for randomizing of answer options for each question is also available.
- Exam Time : Instructor can set the Time allowed to the candidate for completing the exam
- Pause Timer : Instructor can allow/deny pausing of the exam timer by the candidate while taking exam.
- Question Bookmaking : Instructor can allow/deny bookmaking of the questions.
Bookmarked questions cab be viewed separately during the exam. Candidate can also view ONLY bookmarked questions after the exam.
CBT Exam Engine :
CBT Software-Exam Engine allows user to add any number of Test Modules
(Database/Tests created using CBT Author Module). Each Test Module is treated
as a separate exam and can be used independently.
Important features of the CBT Exam Engine
- Exam mode – Simulates actual exam environment in which candidate needs to answer exam created by instructor in a given time without any help from flash cards.
- Learn mode – Provides interactive learning environment where candidate can go through each question and view flash cards and correct answers for each question.
- Review mode – At end of every exam (learn/exam) mode you can save results for that exam for future viewing. In review mode you can view saved exams with answers selected by candidate along with correct answer and detailed explanation for each question (if provided by author).
- Variable font size : Allows to set font size in Exam screen as (small, large and extra large)
- Read modes (Day/Night modes): Exam screen display setting can be changed between Day Mode (black text on white background) and Night Mode (white text on black background) to help you read according to your convenience.
- Multiple profiles so that when two or more people use the computer, each can have individual profile.
- Notes : Candidates can add notes for each question while taking exam for any reference at later stage.
- Customizing Questions: Instructor can customize the exam for candidate to allow questions from specific topics only.
- Score Calculation : At end of each exam (learn and exam) modes candidate is given a score calculation based on the total number of questions present in exam and number of correctly answered questions in that exam
Demo and Full versions
- The demo version supports all the features of the full version, the only limitation being the number of questions that could be rendered. Demo version is limited to 10 questions, where as there is no limit on the number of questions and test for full version.