Anand Software and Training launched long awaited website SimExams.com, a website offering solution to student evaluation, ranking, and assessment. The two main components of the assessment solution are,
- Author Software, and
- Exam Software
The author software provides a platform, wherein, an author can develop content as required by the course that he/she is taking. The question types include multiple choice, drag n drop, hot spot (identify the correct component in a motherboard, etc), and media type questions. Once the question database is ready, the exam may be administered to the students in a classroom setup or in home setup. Results are available on the web and it is possible to compare and rank students.
The exam software is compatible with desktop Windows computers, and mobile devices. Check out the website for more information.
Certexams.com, a leading network simulator provider, updated it’s SwitchSim for iOS/JUNOS to include the following:
- Explanation for the labs – Now most of the labs include explanation for the lab. New commands and functionalities have been explained in detail for ease of understanding.
- Update to command sequence- Based on the user feedback, we observed that a few conditionalities are in conflict with execution of certain commands. The same have been fixed.
- New labs – a few labs have been added.
- Improved lab diagrams – Again, based on user feedback, some of the lab diagrams have been redone to provide clarity and readability.
- Show commands – Several “show” command outputs have been added in the new version. It helps in understanding how to determine the configuration of the device after a particular set of configuration tasks have been followed.
About Certexams.com Switch Network Simulator (Switch Sim): It is a highly advanced virtual switch network simulator that simulates Cisco and Juniper switches in a networked configuration. Several protocols such as STP have been implemented for realistic simulation of switches. The software is primarily intended for beginners for learning purpose, and not intended for field applications or in production environment. The available labs may be found here:
Being a virtual device, the commands that are available for simulation is limited to the scope of CCNA/JNCIA. However, new commands and functionalities are added often as required to provide better user experience.
Other software available include Network Simulator for CCNA (CCNA Netsim), Juniper Network Simulator for JNCIA, Comptia A+ Labsim and Network+ labsim. Please check out the website for more details.