The website certexams.com has been updated to https protocol recently. This is in line with recent trend for secure delivery of website content. Given below are some of the advantages of converting a website to https version:
- Data encryption while delivering the content: The content delivered to the user is encrypted so that no middle man would be able to read what is being delivered to the user (the web surfer). Any user login and passwords are safe too.
- Better SEO results by search engines: Of late, non https websites are being penalized for insecure delivery of data. This is resulting in lower ranking of web sites that have not converted to https.
- The website looks more authoritative: Since several of the authoritative websites use https, it is considered essential for being seen as an authoritative website.
- Improved user confidence in https website: Non https sites shows a warning to users when they browse from a https site to non https site that the site is not secure. Many users prefer to go back to secure webpage instead of navigating to the non secure page. That means, a http website is likely to lose some of the user base.
Now that we discussed the advantages of https website. There are a couple of disadvantages too.
- One of the visible disadvantage is that older browsers (and therefore computers with older operating systems) may not be able to deliver the content due to compatibility issues.
- Another disadvantage is that the security standards keep changing to better more secure versions. For example, now TLS has replaced SSL as security standard for web page content delivery. Further, TLS 1.0 has become obsolete and only TLS 1.2 and 1.3 are being accepted by the card industry for secure transactions.
- The purchase cost of SSL certificates adds to the cost of domain hosting and maintenance.
Please check out the website Certexams.com and post your comments to the webmaster. Please be assured that we use the most up to date security standards from reputable certificate providers like COMODO so that most types of browsers are compatible with the secure sites.
About Certexams.com: The website offers network simulators, exam simulators and online labs for students and professionals preparing for IT certification exams. Check out our free downloads for Cisco® CCNA Practice Tests, Comptia A+ Practice Tests and Comptia® A+ Labs.
Disclaimer: Certexams.com is not associated with Cisco®, Comptia® or any other company and all trademarks are duly acknowledged.